Welcome to Healthy Brain Initiative (HBI) Road Map Module. The HBI Road Map Module is designed to support public health agencies in identifying priorities and taking action towards improving dementia and caregiving as guided by the CDC’s Healthy Brain Initiative (HBI) Road Map Series.
The required content will provide you with an overview of the HBI Road Map for State and Local partners and an action planning template.
Learning Objectives: As a result of completing the learning modules and reading the toolkit, public health staff serving people in the perinatal period will:
- Have become familiar with the HBI Road Map and the public health actions to address dementia and caregiving.
- Be able to identify resources to support implementation of the HBI Road Map actions.
- Be able to leverage tools for moving from planning to implementation of the HBI Road Map actions.
- Conduct screenings with greater intention and effectiveness to strengthen public health program services, individualize supports to clients, and minimize unintended harm.
- A navigation box is located on the right-hand side of the screen and contains arrows to advance to the next lesson or return to a previous lesson. Before advancing, but after you have completed the lesson, select "Mark Completed" under the navigation box.
- Any additional materials and resources are posted under the navigation box under Lesson Files and Lesson Links.
- You also have the option of viewing each lesson in FullScreen mode. To close the FullScreen mode and access the lesson files and links or navigate to the next lesson, select the escape key (Esc).
Supported Browsers: When accessing this course, please be sure to use the most updated version of one of the browsers identified below. This course is not supported on any version of the Internet Explorer browser. You may need to enable pop-ups to view the lessons.
Windows: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome.
Apple MacOS: Safari 3.0 or higher, Microsoft edge, Google Chrome, Firefox.
To begin the course, select the top lesson from the lesson bar(s) below.